As we close out 2011, the National Family Preservation Network (NFPN) shares the highlights of this past year and offers some free and special holiday-priced resources to give you a good start in the new year.
During 2011, NFPN achieved the following:
- Developed the Complete Guide to Father Involvement with information about model programs and over 30 resources for strengthening father involvement programs.
- Completed a nationwide survey and report on Intensive Family Preservation Services (IFPS). The report includes information and charts on exemplary IFPS state programs, IFPS adapted for safety related services, and less intensive services. Over half the states are represented in this report.
- Offered three reliable and valid tools for family functioning. The tools are in use by over 700 agencies worldwide. More than 1100 workers received training through the accompanying training packages on how to effectively use the tools with the families they serve.
- Use of the assessment tools and father involvement materials greatly expanded internationally this year, especially in the United Kingdom, Latin American, and the Caribbean.
- NFPN provided training and technical assistance on our resources in Alaska, Arkansas, California, and Rhode Island as well as the United Kingdom and Singapore.
To assist you with planning for next year, NFPN provides resources to answer the following questions:
My agency wants to start an IFPS program–where can I find models and states with solid IFPS programs?
Where can I obtain information on a model for intensive reunification services?
My agency wants to serve more older youth in our IFPS program–are services for older youth as effective as they are for younger children?
Where can my agency find general information about the family functioning assessment tools?
(PDF file) http://www.nfpn.org/images/stories/files/assessment_tools_overview.pdf
How can I improve my agency’s father-involvement policies and practices to meet CFSR standards?
For the complete list of NFPN’s many free resources, visit:
Special Holiday Pricing for You
Here are some low-cost resources for you, your staff, and your colleagues, at special prices for the holidays. Simply order now, pay online, and get started immediately!
Complete Guide to Father Involvement (eBook)
Basic and Advanced Father Involvement Curricula 3 Online Courses
If you’re thinking about making a purchase before the end of the year, please note that all orders must be placed and paid by Monday, December 19. Easy and secure online payment by credit card is available for quick payment and delivery!
For a list of all products, visit: